Tara Goodnight joined Secrest, Hill and Butler in 2005. Prior to joining the firm, she served as a felony prosecutor for the Tulsa County District Attorney's Office. As an Assistant District Attorney, she tried numerous felony cases and prosecuted hundreds of offenders.
Her work focuses in the areas of mass tort litigation, general liability, products liability, premises liability, professional liability, environmental law, workers' compensation, and auto negligence.
Tara is a member of the Oklahoma Bar Association and is admitted to practice before the United States District Courts for the Northern, Eastern and Western Districts of Oklahoma.
Tara is a native of Dallas, Texas and attended the University of Arkansas at Fayetteville. She graduated in 1998 with a Bachelor's Degree in Broadcast Journalism and earned her Juris Doctorate from the University of Arkansas College of Law in 2001.
Areas of Practice
- Medical Malpractice Defense
- 100% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- Oklahoma, 2001
- U.S. District Court Western District of Oklahoma, 2005
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Oklahoma, 2005
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Oklahoma, 2005
- University of Arkansas, Fayetteville, Leflar Law Center, Fayetteville, Arkansas
- University of Arkansas, Fayetteville , Arkansas
- B.A., Bachelor of Arts - 1998
- Major: Broadcast Journalism
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Tulsa County Bar Association
- Oklahoma Bar Association
Past Employment Positions
- Tulsa County District Attorney, Assistant District Attorney